The British Columbia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (BCAMFT) and is an independent organization working with the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy to support and represent the professional interests of Registered Marriage and Family Therapists (RMFT) in the province of British Columbia.
The mission of BCAMFT is to:
- represent marriage and family therapy as a core mental health profession to the public, government bodies, other professional bodies, and private institutions;
- promote family well-being through support and advancement of preventive programs, treatment and social action;
- provide a province-wide network for professional affiliation, support and collegiality;
- advocate ethical standards and practices for marriage and family therapy;
- promote education and training for marriage and family therapists through conferences, programs and support for division development.